Actually I would like to discuss some of that equipment. Specifically the printer.
I have found several feathers in the printer recently. Some of them actually jammed in the printer; like the one two days ago that was actually jammed in the page guides. I have no idea where they came from. Printers do not grow feathers.
Obviously, understanding the impact of down-time caused by malfunctioning office equipment I called someone over to take a look at the printer, you know, make sure it was in top shape.
The team arrived and got right to work. Speed! This team had speed! Flew right in and set to it, head first even! Totally immersed in their work.The enthusiasm was remarkable. I don't think a single piece of the equipment was not completely checked out, looked at, looked into, picked and pecked over. It was actually quite fun to watch.
They didn't find a single feather though.
Once they were finished they gave the all clear and set off to pick things out from between the keys on the keyboard .. err ... I mean their next job. Keyboard repair, yes that was it, keyboard repair. They told me just before they left that sometimes things just get stuck in printers with no explanation at all so I could expect to find more feathers in the future, possibly even left over bits of blueberry as well, because you just never know.And that is why I didn't get any work done today; because it is hard to work when your office equipment is being "serviced".
1 comment:
Recently we have been having printer problems of our own. Somehow mysteriously we have been encountering hairballs in our paper feeds. We called our own contracted technicians called the feline squad. I don't know if you have dealt with this group before but it takes a good four days for them to show up and when they do show they only glance at the equipment and leave. Not only do they not do the requested actions but on a few occasions we have noticed that fish are missing. Does your repair technicians have reasonable rates because we are thinking about switching. Oh, and are they available outside of Canada?
Post a Comment