I have spent the morning going through Today's health headlines in my news reader looking for future topics for Healthgen articles. Usually this is a productive pastime and I get at least one article out of the experience. Today the only thing I got was a lower IQ.
Fortunately for all of you reading this, my mommy taught me it was always best to share! You too can experience the joy of feeling your intelligence drop drastically with the following list of:
The Top 3 Braindead Headlines in Gen's New Reader for July 7, 2009
3. Mini Strokes May Cause Vision Loss - from Forbes.com
Ya think?!
I have to mention with this one that the article is actually somewhat useful explaining that they are referring to silent cerebral infarcts, however; the necessity of announcing that strokes of any kind may cause vision loss is giggle worthy in my book.
2. Beware of Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumac - from Medline Plus
Now not only is this headline a no-brainer, so is the article. This piece of breaking health news goes on to explain that the above plants can cause a rash! I know, shocking isn't it? More shocking is that the rash can vary in severity from mild to severe depending on how much you were in contact with the plant and how sensitive you are.
You all feel so much more enlightened now don't you?
And finally, the Number One Braindead headline in my news reader today is:
1. More Frequent Sex may help get Your Partner Pregnant - from Men'sHealth
I have to admit, I didn't read the rest of the article. I couldn't, I wasn't able to see through the tears of laughter. I suspect, from the main headline (this gem is the tag line) that they are reffering to overall sperm health and vitality, useful information to have. Entirely too bad they stuck such a hilarious headline on it.
See, aren't you glad I shared?
State of the Story – June Update
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment